Time ago i’ve use qtranslate to have my blog with multi-lingual support(english and spanish), that is my first post, qtranslate fulfilled his duty , but this plugin has late upgrades and with each WordPress version this plugin go to down and work partially and is deactivated from the wordpress editor.ç
Error after a WordPress upgrade
Also this plugin has many complaints that the developer does not respond to questions, his upgrades are late and his bugs don’t be fixed.
Because this, i found today a alternative with mqtranslate, this plugin is a fork from qtranslate and this moment seems very fine, actually this post was wrote using mqtranslate.
To migrate your settings from qtranslate, follow this steps:
- Go to plugin list and deactivate qtranslate
- Go to plugins install area, install and active mqtranslate
- Go to mqtranslate settins on Settings/Languages (the same url from qtranslate) and on “Advanced Settings” go to “Settings Migration”.
- Choose ” Import settings from qTranslate” and click on “Save” button.
- With the settings imported, I had to re-select the default language and put again the language selector widget on my sidebar.
- [optional] Delete qtranslate plugin.
To finish, I can say, because mqtranslate are a fork from qtranslate the settins looks the same and the use it’s the same.
Bye, bye qtranslate, welcome mqtranslate