This server has the distinction of coming with a RAID controller type:
“Dinamic Smart Array B120i RAID in Embedded Slot”
Which requires a proprietary driver from HP (very badly by the guys from HP driver not to make this part of the linux kernel), which is only available for RedHat (CentOS), Suse and Windows, if you make a RAID and driver is not present then you will not see any RAID when the partitioning.
he exact (not easy to find), are in the link, however, make a brief summary here:
Download RHEL 6.3 Software Driver Update and extract it.
- Click here to download the Drivers, Software and Firmware for HP ProLiant DL360e Gen8 Server .
- Copy hpvsa-1.2.4-4.rhel6u3.x86_64.dd to a USB Key formatted as FAT32.
- Once the floppy driver diskette ready on the USB Key and the Array is being created, is time to begin the CentOS 6.3 installation by booting from the DVD.
- On the main installation menu for CentOS, mount the USB Key with the driver on it, either through iLO or plug it to the server. At the installation menu, select the installation method (just highlight it) and hit “ESC” key to receive the “boot:” prompt.
- At that “boot” prompt enter the following command: linux dd blacklist=ahci
- Hit ENTER Select Yes for driver diskette, Select the USB drive.
- Select the driver disk image and select OK .
- Continue the OS installation, then just click select the logical volume where to install the CentOS 6.3.
Here are some reference photos